• 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
• 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup white basmati rice
• 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
• fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
• 1⁄4 cup raisins
Melt butter on medium-low heat in a pot on a stovetop.
Fold in onions and stir well.
Cook for 3-4 minutes until onions turn translucent but are not browned.
Add cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, and rice.
Stir well so that the rice is evenly coated with butter.
Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in stock and raisins.
Bring to a boil on high heat.
Once the stock comes to a boil, cover the pot and turn down the heat to a simmer. Simmer for approx. 15-18 minutes.
Fold in salt, pepper, and almonds before fluffing with a fork and serving.